Tuesday, February 18, 2020

The Good Things You Do Override Your Faults



We have our ups and downs,
not always seeing eye to eye.
Often disagreeing
both vying for our individual opinion.

It's at those times our emotions,
our ego comes into play.
We find ourselves feeling sorry for
the things we said to one another.

We temporarily distance ourselves
to reflect on our wounds;
After reflecting upon the moment,
what overshadows my emotions, my ego
is all the good things you've done for me.

I see your heart!
Your heart overshadows
any complaint I might have
regarding your imperfections and mine.

Nevertheless, the complaint remains,
it still needs to be addressed.
We need to come together,
not keep the complaint at bay.

In order to move forward,
we need to address the complaint;
so it doesn't continue to haunt us.

Let's not allow our differences-- lead us astray;
we can come together and hear
the complaint that needs to be said.

I'm big enough to forgive
the temporary wounding of my ego,
my hope is-- that you are too.

Our unity means more to me,
than any harsh words could possibly say.

Our commitment, our devotion,
our love to one another,
is what I hope will triumph over the dispute.

So here is my complaint--
please don't turn a death ear
when I express things that matter to me,
objectively consider its value to me.
.
Keep in mind--
your heart overshadows the complaint being expressed,
any changes will just make our relationship stronger,
and old habits will be laid to rest.

Your heart overshadows
any complaints I have about you.

When it's my turn to hear your complaints,
I'll remember the thing
I've asked of you.

Let's keep in mind the greater things,
that compliment you and I!

Written by Betty Alark
Photo by: Yana Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment